I am thinking...about my boys. I am always thinking about my boys, even when other thoughts float around, they only mingle with thoughts of my boys. But I am also thinking about the opportunity I had yesterday to sing "How He Loves" and how the truth in those lyrics makes every thought bearable.
I am thankful for...coffee. Really, does anything else need to be said?
From the kitchen...we finally made homemade oreos (or faux-reos, as the hubs called them). That was just a little bit of Heaven right there.
I am wearing...the scars and bruises of a tough week at the gym. It was all worth it when on Saturday I reached a personal record on the clean: 85#!!
I am creating...I whole lotta trash for the city. We are getting rid of a bunch of stuff and just streamlining everything for the move. As far as I am concerned? We could just bring an air mattress and start from scratch. That's how much I want to start over.
I am going...to learn German before we move. I mean it. I am. You just wait and see.
I am reading...the Psalms from back to front. As much as I love the Psalms, I also know this is the only way I am going to make it through the entire book. I never knew how awesome the last few were. Seriously, how can one read about how great God is and still be discouraged? (That's a rhetorical question not meant to spark debate).
I am hearing...the neighbor's lawnmower. The engine is harassing me...
Around the house...guitar stuff...everywhere. The hubs and I played during the worship services yesterday, which means I spent the week practicing...which means there are picks, cables, guitar cases, charts, etc. throughout the house. Looks like I'll be cleaning that up, too.
One of my favorite things...throwing the football in the backyard. Margot, the corgi, loves this activity, too. She sprints the distance between us with every throw...eventually throwing slobber in the wind. She will eventually get so tired that she will squat and pretend that she is peeing just so she can rest. We have even taught her "Down! Set! Hike!" And every now and then we will sneak in an extra command to try and throw her off: "Down! Set! Bluuue 52! Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Hike!" Hilarious!!
A few plans for the rest of the week: detailing the car for a potential buyer; yardwork...lots of it; promoting my honorarium site for the Susan G. Komen For the Cure site. I am trying to raise $1000 dollars in honor of my friend and survivor, Heather. When I do, I am shaving my head.
Here's a photo I am sharing...Margot panting furiously after football:

Faux-reos??? Please share the recipe! (Or did I miss it somewhere earlier?)
ReplyDeleteLove the dog and the football. She will FAKE peeing to rest??? That's pretty smart!
How long until Germany? And happy purging!
Julie
Julie...here you go!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.cupcakeproject.com/2009/02/oreo-cookies-made-from-scratch-just.html
Epic awesomeness! And we move in June.
Sometimes I hear people say, "I forgot to have my coffee today."
ReplyDeleteUm, WHAAAAA?? Survival and joy, survival and joy.
I will also say I enjoy the process of throwing stuff out during a move. Ahhh, living lighter.
I think of the boys often...I always say a prayer for them when I do...and you too. OH How HE LOVES US!!!!
ReplyDelete