This morning, when I opened my laptop, bound and determined to write because I am a writer and Lord knows I haven't been all that motivated lately, I hit the wall. That blank, mocking, belittling wall of nothing...or everything...that keeps writers from writing. And I thought about just closing the laptop and folding laundry, or wasting a couple hours traveling the world in JewelQuest.
Obviously, that didn't happen because here I am. What did happen was Simple Woman. A couple of blogs I follow post regularly about Simple Woman, and when I saw one of those posts today, I just decided it was an easy way to keep writing. After all, I may not be able to isolate enough thought to write from scratch, but surely I can finish a couple starter sentences, right?
********************************************
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I see nothing because I haven't even opened the curtains yet. A few minutes ago I did hear the lilting lines of two birds, reminding me that even if I do sleep in late, joy still comes in the morning if I let it.
I am thinking...about the soreness in my arms after yesterday's workout involving pull-ups, sprints, and handstands. Every day I hit the gym, I feel stronger and more solid, but in the midst of the workout, I often wonder aloud, Who makes this crap up?
I am thankful for...the gift of music because no matter how bad it gets, I can always pick up my guitar and feel better.
From the kitchen...a whole lot of dirty dishes, but in a couple hours I will be prepping Thai peanut sauce and beef satay for dinner tonight. It's a new recipe which has proven difficult only because I have to beat the husband away from the last remaining container of Chobani yogurt in the refrigerator.
I am wearing...the same $9 pair of Wal-Mart sweat pants I have been wearing since the beginning of Winter. They are more comfortable than anything I have ever worn. And a T-shirt I bought at Taranto's, a complete and total dive on a river in Mississippi. But they serve the best crawfish I have ever eaten.
FOR TODAY
Outside my window...I see nothing because I haven't even opened the curtains yet. A few minutes ago I did hear the lilting lines of two birds, reminding me that even if I do sleep in late, joy still comes in the morning if I let it.
I am thinking...about the soreness in my arms after yesterday's workout involving pull-ups, sprints, and handstands. Every day I hit the gym, I feel stronger and more solid, but in the midst of the workout, I often wonder aloud, Who makes this crap up?
I am thankful for...the gift of music because no matter how bad it gets, I can always pick up my guitar and feel better.
From the kitchen...a whole lot of dirty dishes, but in a couple hours I will be prepping Thai peanut sauce and beef satay for dinner tonight. It's a new recipe which has proven difficult only because I have to beat the husband away from the last remaining container of Chobani yogurt in the refrigerator.
I am wearing...the same $9 pair of Wal-Mart sweat pants I have been wearing since the beginning of Winter. They are more comfortable than anything I have ever worn. And a T-shirt I bought at Taranto's, a complete and total dive on a river in Mississippi. But they serve the best crawfish I have ever eaten.
I am creating...an illusion. I keep convincing people that I am okay, and I am, but not nearly as okay as my convincing facade. Someone told me the other day that I am always confident, which is true I suppose. The secret to confidence is just not giving a damn about what other people think. I have one being to whom I am responsible...my Creator, God in Heaven. After that, it doesn't really matter. BUT...that doesn't mean I never collapse into a blob of emotional wreckage, choking on my own tears as I try to understand the loss I experience.
I am going...to live in Germany in a two months. Assuming the Air Force clears me to move with my husband and they do so in a timely manner so as not to leave me in the states without him for a few months.
I am reading...Shelter. Had I known it was Science Fiction involving AIs and the anthropomorphizing of bots in the late 21st century, I NEVER would have bought it. But I did, only because the cover looked cool and it was on the $3 rack at Books-a-Million. I have actually thoroughly enjoyed it.
I am hoping...we actually sell the house before moving to Germany. We really don't want to carry it for a while after the move.
I am hearing...the dog beg for attention from the Alpha Male who just walked in the door for a lunch break.
Around the house...dog hair. We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and she blows her coat twice a year, which is definitely better than shedding year-round.
One of my favorite things...Smoothie Sunday. We have no idea when this tradition started, but the hubs and I have had smoothies for dinner on Sunday for a couple years. It is, quite sadly, the highlight of our week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...the Exhale Conference for the youth group at church. I'm playing guitar for the worship team and have 5 songs to learn by Wednesday.
Here's a photo I am sharing...of one of our friends from Taranto's (he was delicious).

I am going...to live in Germany in a two months. Assuming the Air Force clears me to move with my husband and they do so in a timely manner so as not to leave me in the states without him for a few months.
I am reading...Shelter. Had I known it was Science Fiction involving AIs and the anthropomorphizing of bots in the late 21st century, I NEVER would have bought it. But I did, only because the cover looked cool and it was on the $3 rack at Books-a-Million. I have actually thoroughly enjoyed it.
I am hoping...we actually sell the house before moving to Germany. We really don't want to carry it for a while after the move.
I am hearing...the dog beg for attention from the Alpha Male who just walked in the door for a lunch break.
Around the house...dog hair. We have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and she blows her coat twice a year, which is definitely better than shedding year-round.
One of my favorite things...Smoothie Sunday. We have no idea when this tradition started, but the hubs and I have had smoothies for dinner on Sunday for a couple years. It is, quite sadly, the highlight of our week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...the Exhale Conference for the youth group at church. I'm playing guitar for the worship team and have 5 songs to learn by Wednesday.
Here's a photo I am sharing...of one of our friends from Taranto's (he was delicious).


Oh yay (yea? spelling?)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you writing... and what's going on.
Julie