Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simple Woman: May 26, 2010



Outside my window...sunshine and a cool breeze. It's gonna be a beautiful day!

I am thinking...about how awesome it is going to be when my husband gets home. He is out-processing from his current position today, which basically means he is done with work at this Air Force Base!

I am thankful for...the movers. I spent much of my day complaining about them yesterday, so in an effort to atone for my bad attitude, I figured I'd say just how awesome they were. They really did a great job...no throwing of stuff, respectful, courteous (unless you count the pee on the seat. Seriously, will all you guys out there just sit down like the rest of us?), etc. We really don't have much stuff (about 5000lbs total and that includes all of Tim's professional gear as a musician), but even working hard it took them all day.

From the kitchen...pizza in the fridge and empty BBQ containers in the trash. Yep, it was one of those days.

I am wearing...a T-shirt and shorts. Just about everything else has been sent to Europe.

I am creating...memories. Saying good-bye sucks, but I have had an amazing time. Having battled a plethora of medical issues the last decade, I lost out on many of the joys of life, like amusement parks. Now that I am healthy and can be inverted without passing out, I decided it was high time for me to get back on the roller coaster. On Saturday, I called a friend and invited her to Wild Adventures. Within 20 minutes, another friend was on board, so we all played hookie from church and had one final hoorah. We ended the day on the same roller coaster we started...and I will always remember how awesome it was to share that experience with them.

I am going...crazy...still.

I am reading...He Loves Me by Wayne Jacobsen. Theologically, it is suspect in a few places, which I enjoy because it challenges me to search scripture and solidify what I believe. Literarily, it is lacking. Chapters which could be developed more just end; evidence is not given for Jacobsen's exegesis; and the language is elementary, but perhaps that is by design. It takes alot for me to quit reading a book. We'll see if I make it all the way through this one.

I am hoping...oh...you guessed it, that the house and car sell before we move.

I am hearing...the fan. We are one of the many people who can't sleep without fan noise or white noise.

Around the house...pretty much nothing except a few items we are storing at the in-laws.

One of my favorite things...moving and starting over. We have lived in this city longer than any other. I wasn't a military brat, but even still, I moved quite a bit before I was married, and we have lived in 3 cities and 5 different homes since then. Most people hate to move. I find it cathartic. People have a tendency to hold on to who you were when they first met you, in spite of the changes that occur over time. Moving allows not only an opportunity to be the new you in a new location, but also an opportunity to purge your stuff. The process is annoying at times, but it also promotes physical, mental, and emotional detox.

A few plans for the week...finishing the last few repairs on the house.

Here is a photo I am sharing of me and my friends after my first roller coaster ride in 7 years:

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is awesome! (Your girls day out.)

    The move is coming up quickly... look forward to your new adventures! And praying for your house and car to sell..

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have things in control!!! I hope your last two big ticket items move before you do.. I'm sure that that would make this big move to Europe glitch free at this point!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online