I am thinking...more and more about how I am going to spend my time in Germany. I could teach, and I would love it; but it would also be a vacuum that would suck any opportunity to really experience Europe. Or I could write and record. I am playing with a Julie/Julia-esque 365-day transformation that would involve this temple of the Holy Spirit and would focus on transforming the 4 aspects of loving God: Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength.
I am thankful for...the many opportunities I have had to serve on the worship team at church. Music is the one aspect of my life that demands authenticity (Not to imply that I am not authentic in other areas. Quite the contrary, I'm disturbingly real). I can run from emotion until I find myself worshiping God with music. Suddenly, I cannot hide the reality in which I live. Serving has forced me to confront some very strong feelings of anger and grief, while simultaneously remembering the joy.
From the kitchen...GREEK YOGURT!! If you haven't tried it...go get some NOW!
I am wearing...wait for it...are you sitting down? A grey pocket tee with hair dye stains and olive-green cut-offs made from a pair of cotton sleep pants. Please contain yourself.
I am creating...pull-up hands, which consist of calluses and tears from hanging on the bar. I still have not reached my first workout goal: an unassisted pull-up. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining. I have muscles for days, and my personal bests for the power lifts go up every week. It's the motion of the pull-up that I can't get.
I am going...to Joshua Cup this afternoon to study German and buy coffee. Die Frau trinkt.
I am reading...absolutely nothing because I haven't been able to get a new book. I am going through withdrawals. I'm usually a 2-book-a-week gal.
I am hoping...God really comes through for some friends of mine.
I am hearing...God in the small things again. Like the birds chirping outside my window.
Around the house...a vacuum cleaner in the corner; dog toys on the floor; an empty fecal sample collector on the T.V. (because we have to bring in a "fresh" sample for Margot's vet appointment on Friday); a salt shaker in the den; and a plethora of other small items, evidence of our complete disregard for cleaning the last few days. According to Murphy's Law, the realtor should call and want to show the house within the hour.
One of my favorite things...laughter. Genuine laughter. Not contrived, but long and hearty. The kind that makes you have to pee.
A few plans for the rest of the week...Oh, I still need to help the sanitation department earn their wages by throwing out stuff we don't plan to take to Germany.
A photo I am sharing: This is my friend, Heather, a breast cancer survivor, and her youngest child, a girl who came home from Ethiopia in the midst of Heather's chemotherapy. I have set up an honorarium site through Susan G. Komen, where you can help raise $1000 in her honor for breast cancer research.

No comments:
Post a Comment