Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The new blog title

I must admit...I <3 James Brown.

Well, maybe not all that cocaine drama, but the music? Yeah...that's good stuff. But the title of my blog is multifaceted. If you read yesterday's definitions of "bridge," you learned that the bridge of a song is, more or less, the middle part that differs from and serves as a transition between the beginning and the end.

As a Christian, I live on the bridge between who I was before Christ and who I will be when I stand before Him in Heaven (Philippians 3:13; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 1:6). More than ever, I have been longing for that meeting in Heaven, not in a "I hate my life" way, but more in a "I REALLY want to be with God" kinda way. But in the meantime, I live my life under grace on Earth, striving to be and do all that He desires. That sounds really awesome, so I feel compelled to admit that I usually suck at it.

As a writer, this blog is where I go when I finally have the time to pause and reflect on the many aspects of my life. Usually, I try to process moments or events and try to see them in ways I didn't see them when they actually happened. Remember? I suck at living the life God desires, so I use my 20/20 hindsight to help me.

As a new mother, I find that now (more than ever) my life is just one big transition. When I continually asked God to show me what He wanted to do with my life, I had no idea He would ask me to adopt three brothers and actually trust me with the responsibility to train them in the way they should go (which currently involves an interesting mix of food, love, and discipline, probably in that order). Apparently God sees more in me than I do because honestly, adopting three kids all at once is sheer craziness, especially since my first experience as a parent happened the day they came home. Yep...baptism by fire.


On this blog, since it is new, I hope to have a little more structure and purpose. In the past, I just vomited my thoughts on paper, which is great for me...not so much for my readers. I have been blogging almost 2 years now, and I am finally getting the hang of it. Here are a few topics that will regularly be addressed here:

God, faith, and all that stuff
adoption, more specifically transracial/sibling group/domestic/foster system adoption
Freedom from the Lender...or living a debt-free lifestyle so that we can GIVE
Recipes for the Rest of Us...who don't count anything about our food except the extra helpings.

And throughout all of it, I throw in some random thoughts that have little to do with anything. Of course, I'm always up for suggestions. And since I also plan to have more involvement from my readers, I plan on asking questions at the end of each post (we'll see how long that lasts). So here you go:

What would YOU like me to write about?

3 comments:

  1. I like reading about the topics you've outlined (that's what keeps me coming back)....it's great you share your experiences, I hope to learn from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing the boys' progress. I love hearing about the small and large victories. What can I say? I am asucker for the underdpg kid who needs a little extra help. I could make it my career. Wait, I did. Seriously, though, I love reading your thoughts and reflections on raising the boys and about the wins they have. Still praying for you.
    Christy G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back to read more because the more I read the more I think that you're "my kind of people". Your on the bridge paragraph really sums it up.

    I too am on a journey towards what God wants me to be. Certainly haven't arrived, but want to travel with others going in the same direction.

    And with three boys of my own I love hearing your "boy stories" :0)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online